Scotland’s largest 7s tournament held annually at ENRFC on the third Saturday in April – if you would like to register your interest for the Blyth+Blyth Edinburgh Northern 7s Tournament on April 16th 2016 and possibly secure a place please email email@example.com.
Edinburgh’s premier sevens tournament kicks off at 1pm – Get yourself down to Inverleith park for BBQ, Beer tent, after party and some high quality rugby on show! Players are also welcome in the bar after for a celebratory drink and disco.
Some ENRFC 7s facts
- Eight Edinburgh Junior Sides contested the first tournament back in 1955.
- The current format, based on that of the Hong Kong Sevens, dates from 1981.
- A total of 1521 ties have been staged in the main Tournament to date. The 1000th tie kicked off just after 1pm on 18th April 1998.
- The Veterans Tens Tournament was staged for the first time in 2008.
- The record score for the tournament occured in 2000: Royal Scots 70 Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh 0
- The highest score in a final occured in the 2002 Pond plate Final: Royal High 68 Trinity Academicals 0